Most USA mothers than ever the thumbs up in the Baltic amber teething necklaces for the care of more than a little ‘pain of teething.
Baltic amber has centuries of history with traditional medicine in Europe and more recently the use of amber teething relief has become popular in many parts of the world, including the USA.
Some teeth go unnoticed by babies and the parents are amazed when they discover them in the mouth of their favorite. However, many parents also know another scenario: Waking up nights and days when their baby is inedible because a small tooth painfully struggles outside again. From all sides, the young mother receives (supposedly) good advice.
Many mothers and midwives swear by baby amber necklaces to relieve teething a bit. But can mothers really promise help?
What Is Amber Actually?
Amber is a clear to opaque yellow gemstone made of fossil resin. Widely used and of high quality is the Baltic amber. He was born 40-70 million years ago from the resin of amber pine. Originally, the resin has served these trees as a type of antibiotic to protect against plant diseases. It also served as protection for the trees if they were damaged.
Hardened resins are today found as amber in nature. The stone is said to have a healing effect. Amber is often used by mothers as an aid in treating teething problems.
Before we turn to the topic of whether amber babies really helps with teething, we should briefly consider which amber products are really suitable for babies.
Many parents believe the relief of teething would result from baby chewing on the amber necklace. This is a widespread fallacy. Amber necklaces are not suitable to be “because” by the baby. Violet roots or teething rings made of wood are more suitable for this.
Many babies wear amber chains at night or while sleeping. So even if they are unattended. That’s why you should pay close attention to certain security features in this product. There are no legal standards for baby amber chains, so many chains on the market are not recommended in my opinion.
Make sure that the amber necklace has the following characteristics
- The baby amber necklace should have a predetermined breaking point. This could, for example, be realized by a special buckle, which rises when pulled on the chain.
- The string of the baby amber necklace should be tear resistant. For toys that contain strings, it must be ensured that they resist a force of at least 90 Newton. There are no such requirements for amber necklaces as they are considered jewelry. Nevertheless, some manufacturers pay attention that even with amber chains for babies this tensile strength is fulfilled.
- The amber should be individually knotted. If the chain should break, then at most one stone is loose.
Baby Amber Necklace
The effect of the amber necklace is attributed to the fact that when worn on the body different essential oils are released, which have a positive effect on the baby. This is not to be dismissed. Read why.
AMBER IN THE STORY
The use of amber has a very long tradition. In former times, crushed amber was used internally against various diseases. In addition, it was used as a fumigant.
Amber is a stone that has fascinated people for a long time. Its unusual qualities have always aroused the curiosity of man and still fascinate today. Curious: In fresh water, amber sinks to the bottom, in the salt water he drifts up.
Following Advice For Parents
- Always watch your child when he or she is wearing the necklace.
- Have your child wear the collar on a wrist or ankle and not around his neck.
- Remember to remove the necklace or bracelet when it is not being watched, even if only for a short period of time!
- Remove the necklace or bracelet while the child is sleeping (day or night).
- Consider using alternative ways to relieve teething pain (see some suggestions below).
- Talk to your child’s pediatrician if you have any concerns or questions about your child’s health
- Always consult a doctor if you have concerns about your child’s health and well-being
- Do not let the baby chew on a necklace
Looking For a Necklace of Amber Teething?
Discover the best Amber Teething and other products here.