What are the home remedies for toothache and what can you do for your baby? Some children already teething with three months, others only from the 10th month. However, most babies get their first tooth at the fifth or sixth month. Since the teeth form before the birth below the gums, it can even happen that a baby with a tooth sees the light of day.
How The Baby Teeth Coming In
Most children show first the two lower incisors, then the upper ones. Then follow the other teeth – piece by piece from back to front. At the age of two or two and a half years, the first dentition is complete – the baby teeth. The breakthrough of the first dentition announces itself through increased salivation. Your little one often chews on his fingers, pacifier or toy.
Best Baby Teething Remedies
For the pain, there are gels in the pharmacy for rubbing on the painful areas. The following tips also help against the pain:
- To relax the gums, you can massage them before teething. Use finger cots from the pharmacy.
- In the trade you can buy special teething rings. Make sure that they contain no plasticizers (not PVC), but are made of polyethylene (PE) or polypropylene (PP).
- The increased salivation quickly turns the neck and chest wet. A bib or “Nuschi” (diaper cotton scarf) helps to absorb the saliva. If the corners of the mouth have become sore, take care of them with a baby cream.
- Children instinctively know what helps them with the pain: chewing. This chewing acts on the gums like a massage, especially when your baby is chewing on hard objects. If your child is older than 6 months, give him a bark of hard bread to chew. You can put it in the freezer beforehand to keep the bark cool. IMPORTANT: Do not leave your baby alone so it will not be swallowed.
- A chilled spoon provides relief because the cold counteracts inflammation. Put the spoon in the fridge, but not in the freezer – otherwise it would be too cold.
Best Natural Teething Remedies
- Many children like to chew on a cool wet washcloth. Our tip: Soak it in cool chamomile tea beforehand and it will have a soothing and soothing effect.
- You can also give the child lukewarm chamomile flower or sage leaf tea , which inhibits the inflammation.
- A drop of chamomile in a tablespoon of good rapeseed oil can be used as a toenail oil and massaged regularly on the gums.
- Refrigerated teeters or vegetables like carrots help with teething as well.
- In any case, teething babies like to chew on something hard. If your kids do not like a teething ring, you can try it with special tooth brushing sets for the first teeth, some kids like it better. Trying to respond sympathetically to your whining child now gives him more love and attention.
If it gets particularly bad, your child tries to distract. A walk or just carrying around can work wonders. Go to your child and find out what works best. Be it a chilled teething ring or a wet washcloth.
Order Baby Teeth Come In
The order of teething differs from child to child. For most children, teeth come in the following order of baby teeth chart
- lower central incisors
- upper central incisors
- lower outer incisors
- upper outer incisors
- upper and lower anterior molars
- upper and lower canines
- upper and lower posterior molars